Don’t miss our next Social Media Boot Camp at High Tech Maui on Saturday, September 22! If you’re new to social media, or just getting your feet wet, or starting to think about an overall social media strategy for your business but don’t know where to start putting all the pieces together, or just confused, this workshop is for you.
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Seating limited to 30
There’s a lot of social media activity around Hawai‘i these days. Usage of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ are at an all time high. Don’t miss out on all the buzz. This workshop offers a high level view of the entire social media landscape and provides all the tools necessary to craft a strategy that works for you and your business.
- Getting started in social media for your business:
- What is social media?
- General principles and mindsets
- The anatomy of a social media strategy
- Do’s and don’t’s
- Social media etiquette
- Why your website and your blog are the same thing
- Introduction to the blog as the website
- Where your blogsite fits into the overall landscape of your social media strategy
- High level introduction to the current popular social networks—setting up accounts, profile management and basic best practices in:
- High level tour of some of the more popular social media apps on the iPhone and iPad.
Laptops welcome, but not required as part of the workshop. Bring them if you like using them to take notes. (This is not a follow-along workshop.)