WordPress is a powerful online publishing tool capable of building entire websites. The WordPress 101 workshop provided an introduction to WordPress, focusing on the version of WordPress available at WordPress.com. But, there is a lot more power and flexibility available for WordPress using what’s known as the self-hosted version of WordPress, or WordPress.org. If you attended the WordPress 101 workshop or you already have a WordPress blog or site and you’re comfortable with creating posts and pages in WordPress and you want to advance to the next level that WordPress has to offer, the WordPress 201 workshop is for you.
Join web and multimedia developer, Jeff Bennett, at the Malcolm Center, 1305 Holopono St., Suite 1, Kihei, on March 23 for an intermediate level look at WordPress. If you got a lot out of the WordPress 101 workshop and want to learn more, this workshop is for you. Topics to be covered include:
- What is WordPress.org – self-hosted WordPress
- Finding a web host
- Simple installation of WordPress with BlueHost
- Review of dashboard, posts, pages and menus
- Themes – lots more and their customizable
- Plugins – need some additional functionality? There’s a plugin for that!
- Migrating from WordPress.com to WordPress.org
- Transferring from one WordPress.org site to another WordPress.org site
Laptops are welcome, but not required.
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Malcolm Center, 1305 Holopono St., Suite 1, Kihei
Seating limited to 20
About Jeff Bennett
Jeff Bennett is a web and multimedia developer with over fifteen years of web and software development experience and owner of Digital Splash Media.